New Application Guidance for Migrant Workers and Students in UK.


The UK Border Agency has published revised guidance and application forms for migrants under Tiers 2 and 4 of the points-based system. They have also revised the guidance for the dependants of migrants who are in the UK under the points-based system.

From 22nd February 2010, applications to Tier 2 (for highly skilled workers) and Tier 4 (for adult and child students) should be made using the new forms, which are all marked ‘version 02/10’.

The application form for dependants has not changed.

Also from 22nd February 2010, migrants who apply to Tier 4 must have a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from their education provider. CASs have replaced visa letters, which are no longer valid. If you want to apply to them as a Tier 4 student and you have a visa letter from your preferred education provider, you must ask them to assign a CAS to you. If you have already applied to UKBA using a visa letter, your application will not be affected.

Use Facebook to Comment on this Post

Written by

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply


Protected by WP Anti Spam
What is 8 + 7 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)


%d bloggers like this: